Welcome to the 2018 NASW Virtual Forum!
Welcome to the 2018 NASW Virtual Forum, Opioid Crisis: No Community is Immune, live streamed from the NASW national office in Washington, DC, on Wednesday, November 14, and Thursday, November 15, 2018.
The recordings of the sessions will be available after December 10, 2018. Please check back on this site and log in to view them after that date.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, every day nearly 200 people in the United States die from overdosing on opioids. The addiction to opioids has become a serious national public health crisis that affects people of all walks of life. Social Workers are an integral part of the collaborative multidisciplinary approach in working to respond to the opioid epidemic.
Join your social worker colleagues from around the world for two days of unparalleled professional development and continuing education opportunities by participating online from anywhere in the world.
By participating in the 2018 NASW Virtual Forum, you will:
- Gain access to 4 plenary sessions and 8 breakout sessions
- Earn up to 8 CE contact hours, including ethics credits
- Use a chat feature to connect with other virtual participants around the globe
- Explore a virtual exhibit hall to meet with exhibitors to learn about important social work–related products and services
- Learn about the following topics as they relate to the opioid crisis: implications for ethics, self-care, policy initiatives, use in the LGBTQ community, addressing addiction through integrated health, impact on children and families, best practices in treatment, and more.
Don't miss out! Access cutting-edge presentations by recognized thought leaders to enhance your knowledge of practice trends, policy, and research findings.